Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Raised by not-so-wild dogs


The family bed
Originally uploaded by Sseymou1
I realize it has been a long time since I have posted anything. Thankfully, school is out and I have a bit more time (assuming Che is on his regularly scheduled but not so regularly taken naps). It's really nice that Ross and I see each other again. Hats off to the single moms and dads. Ross and I are back in bed together and Che is in the crib -in the bouncy seat in the crib- but nonetheless, in the crib. His room is attached to ours (you must walk through the nursery to get to our room) so that helps. He seems to sleep better this way.
Che is becoming quite the little character. So far, 9-10 months is my favorite. He does so many funny tricks.

Che barks.

He communicates to the dogs with this "huh" sound. They bark and he says "huh" back. They look confused and he seems baffled that they are not understanding him. Shouldn't he try talking to humans? Probably. However, his parents have misanthropic tendencies and we talk to the dogs. When he howls at firetrucks along with Ava - that's when we need to start scheduling play dates (ick. I cringe at that term "play date").

No comments: