Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Off to work I go.


Blah.
Monday I go back to work.
Don't get me wrong I love my job, I really do. It's an exhausting job but the kids are great and I know they really need me to be there and teaching (HIGH SCHOOL, only) is really fun. But...blah. I will finish out this year as department chair but I will *not* do that again next year. Seriously, teachers are some of the worst people to supervise (sorry to all of the teachers that are reading, no offense) or maybe it's just my department. They have made my job miserable and I like the core reponsibility of my job - teaching - I'm not going to let them ruin that for me. It will be hard enough to leave Che daily.

We're really lucky because Ross is going to work from home until I am out for the summer. Of course, we'll probably never see each other - he is going to work while I am at home in the afternoons and weekends. However, for bonding purposes, it is an excellent arrangement and I'm trying to focus on that. It's a great opportunity for the two of them. At times I feel bitter b/c we live in a place and work in places that do not give you a break for raising a baby (not to mention as teachers in Georgia we do not get ANY paid leave for babies - adopted or not)- but what good does that do?
Simple fact, I am going back to work [period].

But after a day in the park with a bucket of KFC, it's a hard act to follow...there's always the summer.

2 comments:

Priscilla said...

I just found your blog thru Michelle's. I am so excited b/c I think you may be a fellow PH'er! Glad you're home with your cutie pie, Che. Love the name, too!

Good luck heading back to work.

Ladybug Ann said...

That picture is so cute! That's terrible that you don't have parental leave.